Data was last added on the 13 November 2017


Sir Saul SAMUEL

(Information to be added when found)




Sir Saul SAMUEL

Biography from Wikipedia
This biography gives very little detail of his pastoral, mining or commercial interests in the Tambaroora area.

He and his brother were both prominent in the early days of the Goldfield, dealing in real estate, purchases and sales of gold and cartage to and from the Goldfield being just some of their interests. The sale of the Golden Ball Inn at Bald Hill had noted that interested parties apply to either Mr.S. Samuel at Bathurst or to Mssrs. L. and S. Samuel at 353 Pitt Street Sydney. Another newspaper article noted "LOADING - Wanted, teams for 30 tons loading, chiefly machinery, for Louisa Creek and Tambaroora - Apply at the offices of L. and S. Samuel Pitt Street Sydney".

This newspaper article includes the Consignments of Gold made by Saul Samuel and his brother Lewis SAMUEL from Bathurst, Tambaroora Creek and the Turon to the Colonial Treasury.

In February 1852 Saul Samuel was one of the first to apply to register a quartz vein in the area. It was incidentally located on what was known as Samuels Field/Flat directly behind the Commissioners Camp.


To be Continued