If no Menu above click HERE
Data was last added to this page on the
25 January 2024



TELEGRAPH OFFICE
(Information to be added when found)


11 Jun 1860 Tenders for Telegraph Line from Bathurst to Mudgee via Tambaroora
4 Sep 1862 Electric Telegraph Office
Proposed Opening
7 Nov 1862 Telegraph Station Opened
01 Oct 1862 Telegraph Office was rented from Mr. Thomas Paten at a yearly rental of £20 per annum. (080)

17 Oct 1862 Fire Destroys Patens Bakery and other Stores
and the Fire Destroys Patens Bakery and other Stores
Station Masters: 3 Jul 1863 - D. St.MAUNDER (236) No.130, Pg.1472 dtd 3rd Jul 1863

28th Jul 1863 - J.P. OLSEN (236) No.145, Pg.1633 dtd 28rd Jul 1863

31 Dec 1870 Postal duties were combined with those of the Electric Telegraph at Tambaroora. (080)

2 Sep 1871 Telegraph Line from Tambaroora to Hill End
Image: Yes - circa 1872/73, part of the Holtermann Collection

Location: Circa 1872/73, Lot 4 Section 4 Mudgee Road. It was still located on Thomas Patens Lot 4.

Maps: (Note) Google Map (005) 1892 Map (006)